MESSAGE FROM THE EDITOR
NEW VISIONS FORMAT AMONG OTHER TTU FIRSTS
As you look at this issue of Visions, the first thing you notice is probably the size. Hopefully you’ll also notice all of the new things happening at Tennessee Tech.
A SERIES OF FIRSTS FOR TENNESSEE TECH
- Hosted the first televised Tennessee gubernatorial debate held outside one of the major metropolitan areas
- Opened our first learning villages
- Graduated our first female African engineering master’s student
- Created the state’s first agritourism program
- Opened our first strength/indoor training-only facility
- Bested the 11,000 mark in enrollment for the first time
- Received our first $4 million gift , the largest in school history
- and finally, this first issue of the new Visions
THE NEW VISIONS
As we announced in the last issue, this issue of the magazine was going to undergo a major transformation in response to recent budget cuts and changes in the way alumni want to read and interact with their campus magazines.
In this issue:
- Printed version is a digest of the magazine’s website
- Full stories available at tntech.edu/visions
- Intertwined with the TTU Alumni Association website (ttualumni.org), allowing you to take advantage of online class note viewing and submission, commenting about the articles and connecting with the association and other alumni.
We think this format will allow Tennessee Tech to continue to provide news to you about your alma mater and classmates, while utilizing technology in order to reduce costs, which is a vital thing for the university.
But we’d like to hear from you about this change. If you are reading this online, you can comment on this article. Or you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Does this format work for you?
POST A COMMENT • VISIONS ONLINE • WINTER 2011