- We inform you how we use any personally identifiable information that we gather on our Web Pages
- We maintain security and safeguards for any information that we gather on our Web Pages
- You have control over the information you decide to submit to us
- You can opt our of receiving information from us
Information Collected Automatically
When you browse our Web Pages, certain statistics are automatically collected for marketing and research. This information is housed outside of the University on Google’s web servers. This information could include, not is not limited to:
- IP address
- Referring site
- Date and time
- Operating System
- Screen Resolution
- Browser Type
- Length of stay
- Connection Speed
- Web pages visited
- Network location
Use and Sharing Restrictions
- Alumni Relations will use alumni data only for University-related outreach, service, and development programs.
- Alumni data will be shared only with University staff and student workers that directly need access to the information for University Alumni purposes, with authorized users for directory information, and with approved partners for the purposes of advancing alumni programs.
- The University will not share personal information with third parties for their use independent of authorized Alumni Relations programs.
- The University may disclose your personal information as required by law in connection with judicial or administrative proceedings or if the information is necessary to protect the institution.
- The University may disclose your personal information if the information is necessary to protect the health or safety of any person.
External links are provided as a courtesy online. The University, in most cases, does not endorse or sponsor these third parties. Any information collected by these third parties is by your discretion, as the University and Alumni Relations do not have control over third party information.
The University provides alumni easy ways to opt-out of receiving information from third parties or the University itself. Please call Alumni Relations at 1-800-889-8730 to opt-out of receiving information.
Opt-out preferences are processed immediately and will be effective no later than 90 days after submission and has no duration of time.
Alumni Relations uses NetCommunity, an online portal specific for our alumni.
Alumni has the ability to hide any or part of their listings in any part of the Alumni Relations portal, including directory information
For event registration payments, refunds should be requested through the Alumni Relations office by calling 800.889.8730 or by emailing email@example.com. Refunds are not provided for philanthropic contributions.
Electronic payments for gifts or event registrations
Where our website provides facilities for electronic payments, the data collected through these pages will be securely encrypted using industry standards. These data will be transferred to the appropriate finance company for verification and in order for the payment to be made to us. Your credit card information will not be retained by us.
The University and/or Alumni Relations has the right to change this policy at any time. Changes will be posted via the website. This statement is effective as of May 1, 2008.